February 4, 2014 by Daniela Salvador
Don’t take my word for it just try it. I had gone for a morning run and I was starving I could have eaten the whole damn house I swear it! But luckily I am the queen of leftovers.
My parents had made a very traditional spanish style dish “Bonito en salsa roja” or “Tuna in red sauce” and when I got back from my run I was ready to devour the whole thing.
So I calmed myself down for a second, took a deep breath and did something way more beneficial for my nutrition than having it plain, as a matter of fact if i had it plain I would not have been satisfied and have overeaten but this recipe has such good filling protein based ingredients that I felt totally recuperated from my run!
Ingredients (serves one)
75grams of tuna
1 roma tomato diced
1/4 zucchini diced
1/4 onion diced
2 Tbs of your favourite tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought organic)
- Shred tuna into a medium size pan with a little oil of choice with diced veggies and tomato sauce, fresh basil and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl (ad salt and pepper to taste at this stage)
- Take tuna mixture off heat and add to beaten eggs in bowl.
- Once mixed throw all ingredients back into the pan spreading the egg mixture all over.
- leave heat on low for about 3 minutes, then you can add parmesan or mozzarella at this stage if you choose of course it will be more calories, then flip your omelette to your style (I just flip it in half)
- Turn off heat then allow to sit covered for 3 minutes for a moist (yeh I said it) centre, or leave heat on for those extra minutes for a fully cooked centre.